Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Upwards into the sky

Maaaaaaaate. I used to not be able to cope with life. Work. Love. Family. All the essentials. I'd get knocked down and I'd get up again but then I'd get knocked down and get up again facing the wrong direction only to be knocked down from behind whilst trying to get up and boom I'd knock myself over whilst thinking i was in the act of getting up....you get the picture.

Had a 'mate' at my 18th get so pissed that he fell over during speeches and thought he'd fallen upwards onto the roof, which was actually the sky. Everyone stopped to look at Brock spinning round in the camellias on his back screaming like a deflating balloon wondering what all the fuss was.

He'd fallen upwards into the sky and hit the bleeding roof. I had sympathy for him then and there. Since then he's gone on to grow a goatee the size of small field and says things like, oh well....you win some you lose some....it's all good, and ..... you take what you can, so Ive less time for him and his field.

Anyhow...I digress. I can now work, love and eat with my family and mostly without incident, infact one might say it gives me great pleasure to do all these things. But there is one thing I cannot bare. It grieves me so.

Small bins. Wheelie bins. Green ones that you put out at night and bring in the next day. The angle those things must be tilted at to make them wheel is next to impossible. I am yet to do it without that little green fucker clipping my ankles and immediately, without warning fall to the ground. Out spills bin juice, clunk goes the plastic on my driveway, and with it.....my optimisim.

Sure Id rather lead the life Im leading now compared to the aforementioned one but this bin problem of mine, the way it aches my back to tilt it so and lightly clips my heels with such clanging consequences reminds me that all is not well somewhere. And that somewhere might be here.

When did we move to small bins and stop using their big brothers? Why do some people get the big ones and some the small? And why for the love of God can I not get mine onto the lawn or inside my gate without it all going so wrong?

It speaks of larger imperfections that I strive to ignore, strive to balance out....but clip....Im reminded every Monday/Tuesday that I cant and never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment